3.01.2014

Good Riddance, Mercury Retrograde!

I'm back and I missed you. Today is the day you realize I'm a kooky astrology-believing, sage burning hippie. 

Do you guys know about Mercury Retrograde? It's when the planet Mercury appears to be moving in reverse and makes everything go wonky. Like, 3 weeks of opposite days wonky. Anyway, it happens 3 times a year and the first one of 2014, thankfully, ended yesterday.

I know some of you must think it's "all in my head," but let me tell you, I TRIED to ignore it. I even forgot about it all together for the first week or so. I couldn't figure out why I was in hibernation mode or why really simple things were suddenly SO difficult. Then, this happened on my way to work one morning and it call came together.

I get it, Mercury Retrograde. Well played. It was then that I realized that it was probably best for me to hole up until it was all over. For me that meant napping...a lot, more than usual; putting off as much as I could that required electronic or mechanical devices; and focusing on self-reflection instead. If you're a fellow Gemini or a Libra you were probably more affected by it than some others, since our sign is ruled by Mercury.

So, while I haven't posted here in awhile, I've been planning and have lots of ideas for posts. You know, like scheduling post before the next MR hits in June. I've had my taxes done, but refused to file in case of crazy glitches.  I ovulated and did some thinking about pregnancy and now plan to shout it from the rooftops the moment I get a positive test; because how will you guys know to pray if I keep it a secret?

Anyway, that's what's been happening over here. If you'd like to learn more about Mercury Retrograde and read great tips to survive it, this is a great post....and you'll see that I'm not alone on this one!

Today, I plan to cleanse myself and my house with sage and celebrate! Cheers to March!

5 comments :

  1. Allena MistralMarch 02, 2014

    Maybe THATS why I didn't want to do anything this week :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this before... it's interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. kate_soyouguysMarch 07, 2014

    It's as good of an excuse as any! J/K. I really believe it. My life has been nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. kate_soyouguysMarch 07, 2014

    An interesting pain in the ass, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My boyfriend told me about it within the first two months of us dating and I was fascinated. I also looked at him like he was a total weirdo, poor guy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I read each and every one!