11.12.2013

Snapshots 11.12.13

I've been nothing short of exhausted lately. 

This amazing thrifted desk has been monopolizing my time like you wouldn't believe!
It looked innocent enough. Under that chippy paint was layer after layer of oil based paint. I'm still working on getting it stripped enough to prime and paint it. It got too cold and I had to put it on hold for awhile.

What can I say? I really wasn't expecting this...

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE snow. I just wasn't prepared for it this early. Where I live, we're lucky to get any before January. This was quite a surprise!

The good news is that I seemed to have made it out of mercury retrograde unscathed this time. However, Josh's computer did not. Hard drive failure. Ugh. We decided to make lemonade & use his broken computer as an excuse to get the new desktop computer I've been wanting. It should arrive today, so I've been getting my office ready. It was the house dumping ground before & I'm really happy about the progress that was made!
I'll try to do an office tour sometime soon. Josh spent an entire Saturday cleaning and rearranging the garage. We have so much space now! We might not be hoarders after all! Ha!

I don't usually do this, but I wanted to share some cool stuff with you from around the web.

This video on Upworthy is so inspiring. It's a long one (about 10 minutes), but SO worth watching!

This amazing fallout shelter is a must-see. I wish they had shared photos of the house as well! I'm such a mid-mod junkie!

Oh, and if you're shopping for some holiday gear, ModCloth is having this sale today!
 ModCloth's 11/12/13 14% OFF SALE! 24 HOURS ONLY

What do you guys think of my new blog layout? I liked the old one, but this just feels like me. I hope you like it!

4 comments :

  1. I loved the snow we got! I was like a kid on Christmas morning lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too! It was just a really weird mix of seasons. I hope we get a bunch in December!

      Delete
  2. Oooo, that framed chalkboard is so so cute! I'm excited to see what you do with the desk. Now that we've moved into our new house, I've been going a bit nuts hunting Craigslist and thrift stores for furniture and stuff to give little make-overs to. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm dying to see what you do with your house! I was drooling over those pictures! I have high hopes for my desk. I hope I can pull it off! The chalkboard was a mirror in its first life. The DIY is http://soyouguys.blogspot.com/2012/11/mirror-to-chalkboard-makeover.html , if you want to check it out. :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I read each and every one!