11.26.2013

The Liebster Award

Megan from Grad Student Needs Hobby was kind enough to pass on a Liebster award to me.  I feel like she read my mind a little. I was just trying to think of a way to tell you guys more about myself and ta-da! Perfect! So thank you, Megan. Everybody make sure you pop on over to her blog and check it out!
The Liebster award is for blog with less than 200 followers. The rules are that you must link back to the person who nominated you and answer their 11 questions.  Then you come up with 11 questions for 11 more blogs with 200 followers or fewer, and let everyone know they were nominated!  You also share 11 random facts about yourself. Here goes nothing!

11 Random Facts About Me

1. My name is Kate. It's not short for anything. My family calls me Katie.
2. I'm left-handed and proud of it.
3. I'm super scattered and usually have at least 3 projects going at once.
4. I don't sleep well ever, so I sleep often. Naps are my favorite!
5. I went to photography school, yet I've never been a full time photographer. I prefer to shoot for myself.
6. I love to bake, but don't really enjoy cooking. I don't like to stand at the stove. I get bored.
7. Christmas is my absolute favorite! I start the Christmas music really early, sometimes before Halloween.
8. I don't have a dishwasher and I consider it a great achievement to have all the dishes clean at the same time.
9. I'm a homebody. I'd much rather hang out at home than be out and about. I need down time to recover from a lot of social interaction.
10. I'm not a good writer. I get too distracted while writing. I'd much rather show through photos than write a story.
11. Yet, I talk A LOT. I have a lot to say, just don't make me write it all down...

Megan's Questions for Me

1. What are you reading?
Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon. It's the 2nd time I've read it. It's book 2 in her Outlander series
2. Finish the sentence: Every day, I...
have a very long to-do list that never gets finished. Also, I don't do anything before coffee.
3. Other than blogging, how do you express your creativity?
Photography, various other arts and crafts, refinishing furniture
4. What do you enjoy most about the holiday season?
I feel like the whole season is magical! The anticipation and lead-up to Christmas is the best feeling!
5. How did you decide on your blog title?
I wanted a title that I could grow with. "So, you guys.." is something I say a lot and I doubt that will change. Also, it encompasses all of me. I felt like it gave me room to talk about whatever I want without being misleading.
6. What's one personal goal you'd like to set for the new year?
Same as always. Try to be patient. I'm terrible at waiting.
7. Where do you most like to shop?
I'm a sucker for ModCloth dresses. I really like online shopping. Other than that, I'm all about the thrift store & Marshall's!
8. What's your favorite month?
I don't have a favorite month. January is my least favorite month. That's about the only preference I have.
9. Link us to something that recently made you laugh.
Here you go. This show is hilarious and it's on Netflix!
10. What is one thing you keep meaning to do but always wind up putting off?
Cleaning out my car. It really need a good scrub. There's always something else I'd rather be doing.
11. What was the most memorable lesson/assignment you ever had in school?
Uh...I'm going to have to dig deep here. The realization that I graduated college TWELVE years ago is rough. I vividly remember trying to get 1 decent gum bichromate print. It never did happen. Darn paper wasn't sized right.

I'd like to ask the following bloggers to participate:

1. Mollie from Molliepop
2. Amie from Completely Unfinished
3. Sarah from Any Way the Wind Blows
5. Cedar from The Vintage Wife
6. Katie from Lovely Lady
7. Allison from The Curious Cupcake
9. Sara from And a Little Chaos
10. Dani from Itch for Kitsch
11. Anouska from Anouska Miller

Here are my questions:

1. Why do you blog?
2. What has been your favorite blog post & why?
3. What is your biggest pet peeve?
4. Do you have pets? Tell me about them.
5. What's on your holiday wish list?
6. Link to something worth reading or watching.
7. What's your favorite season & why?
8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
9. What's your biggest vice?
10. If you could only watch one tv show for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
11. What do you enjoy doing when you're not blogging?

Thanks for reading! Let me know if you have any questions for me. I'd love to answer them and have something to post on my FAQ page. It's a little naked right now, so fire away!

8 comments :

  1. These are great answers! Thanks for participating :-) I love that you're a fellow Christmas lover - my husband keeps telling me I have to wait until after Thanksgiving to decorate/listen to Christmas music while he's home, and it's unbelievably hard! I need Thursday to come and go so we can start celebrating! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad my husband tolerates all my Christmas shenanigans! I think he likes the holidays as much as I do. Have a great Thanksgiving and crank up those tunes!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the award. I love christmas so much too!
    Kallie, But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love finding other Christmas people! Also, you have the perfect blog name! I'm heading over to stalk it now...

      Delete
  3. Thanks for passing on the award to me. I've been nominated a couple times for these but never really took time to fill them out. I'll bookmark this and answer your questions in a future post! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for nominating me! Same as Katie above-- I think i'll answer the questions sometime soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I read each and every one!