10.10.2013

Easy DIY with Chicken Wire!

You guys, I've been trying to decide what to do with the empty wall space in the hallway for quite some time. I wanted to put photos up, but I also like to change things up pretty often. That brings us to today's super simple DIY.  I just adore the way it turned out!

What you need:
Chicken Wire - I had an old roll in my garage. It was 2' x 15'. Get whatever size will work best in your space.
Wire Cutters
Staple Gun w/Staples
Cool Stuff to Hang Up

And that's it!

What you do:

I'm sure you've already figured this out...
1.Use wire cutters to cut your chicken wire the length you want it
2. Staple that sucker to the wall (My wonderful husband did the first 2 steps for me, since he has strongs & I totally don't!)
3. Decorate with photos & momentos
4. Stand back and admire your masterpiece.

I decorated mine with some old photos & postcards. I hung them up with vintage clothespins that I picked up at an estate sale awhile back. I also added some Printic photos, which I LOVE, and some tiny mirrors to reflect light. (I just hot-glued magnets to the back) You could use anything you want.  It's entirely up to you. Paper clips will work fine. Hole-punched pictures tied on with pretty ribbon would look amazing! 

Just make sure not to hang your chicken wire too flat to the wall or you'll have trouble hanging your stuff!
Dinah approves
What do you think? Will you give it a shot?

4 comments :

  1. Cool! This is a really simple and useful idea that I would actually use - basically, the best kind of DIY. Your kitty is so cute, too!

    xo, Michelle
    Neon Rattail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! She's a sweetie....I like to throw in some quick projects in the mix to make me feel like I'm getting stuff done!

      Delete
  2. ah, so cute! i have been wanting to make something like this for awhile, maybe for my kitchen!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be so cool in a kitchen! You could even get those S hooks and hang utensils and pot holders!...I do have some chicken wire left over. Maybe my kitchen needs some too!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I read each and every one!