10.24.2013

Pinterest Wins/Losses #1 Pumpkin Scone Cookies AKA Pumpkin Snickerdoodles

Snickerdoodles are easily in my top 5 favorite cookies and I love pumpkin everything. You can imagine how excited I was to pin this!
The pin led me to a recipe at this blog which gave credit to a couple other sites as well. So this recipe has been around. I couldn't wait to give it a shot.
The recipe was easy to follow and the cookies came out just as described. I usually don't make changes when I follow a recipe for the first time. I did, however, stick to a cinnamon/sugar coating on my cookies. Mainly because I was out of Allspice! 

The result? Pinterest Win!...With a twist (Gasp)

I didn't find these cookies to be particularly snickerdoodley, but they are very scone-like. They are still very yummy and wonderful for breakfast with coffee or tea. I just thought they needed a new name! Enjoy!

Pumpkin Scone Cookies
Ingredients:
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 3/4 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

For Coating:
1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 tbs ground cinnamon

In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the butter and sugars on medium-high speed until light and
fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes 
Stir in the pumpkin puree, then beat in the egg and vanilla
In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg 
With the mixer on low speed, gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients 
Stir until fully incorporated
Cover and chill the dough for at least an hour

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liner 
Mix the coating ingredients in a small bowl
Scoop equal dough balls I use a cookie scoop and roll in cinnamon sugar to coat it
Place on cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart 
Dip the bottom of a drinking glass into water I used a glass with a pretty texture on the bottom and use to slightly flatten the dough balls

Bake the cookies for 12 to 14 minutes, or until baked through. 
Let cool on the baking sheets about 5 minutes before transfering them to a wire rack to cool completely

Makes 3-4 dozen cookies

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I read each and every one!