11.22.2013

Lately ~ November 2013


Lately, things have been on the hectic side. This week seems to have really gotten away from me. I'm scrambling to get my Christmas shopping done so that I can spend the month of December celebrating instead of stressing. I hope I can pull it off! Here's some more stuff that's been happening lately...

Drinking - Coffee without Sugar

It's taken some getting used to. Let's face it, I have enough sugar in my diet with all of the baking I do. I don't need to drink it too. So far, the only perk is that, when I inevitably let it get cold, I don't feel the need to reheat it. If I drink it with sugar, it must be hot. So, there's that. I still use cream, btw. I don't think I could ever drink it black.

Reading - Dragonfly in Amber

Re-reading actually. It's the second book in Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series. I'm trying to refresh my memory because book 8 is supposed to come out soon and Starz is turning the books into a series! The books are fabulous. I'd especially recommend them if you like George R. R. Martin's stuff.

Budgeting - The B Word

Gross. I hate that this is a necessary evil. We've been working on our budget to see where we stand financially and if buying a house next summer can actually be an option. I've gone through Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University in the past and it was really insightful. It's doing the work that's hard.

Not Getting Enough Sleep - 

Dash, my cat, has decided to become Stewie in the middle of the night. It's the exact cat version of this. He can totally say Mama.

That's what I've been up to. What have you been doing lately?

3 comments :

  1. I love that family guy clip. My husband and I reference it regularly, especially when talking about our dog! She's so needy sometimes!

    I wanted you to know that I have selected you to pass on the Liebster award, a blog award passed among blogs with under 200 followers. I selected you because I have enjoyed reading your blog posts and wanted to feature you! If you’re interested in passing the award around, check out my post and answer the questions I’ve left for you and the other nominated bloggers. If you’re not interested, you just have to do – nothing. This is all in good fun. However, I’d love to get to know you better and see your answers!
    Just follow the link to find out your questions. Have a happy Saturday!
    http://gradstudentneedshobby.blogspot.com/2013/11/return-of-liebster.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always try to knock out our shopping on Black Friday! We usually get it done, and maybe only need to go out one more time! Ah, so brave for the no sugar in the coffee! I have to have my Truvia!!! Good luck on budgeting! It sucks but definitely worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're the brave one! I can't handle Black Friday shopping! I'm still trying to get used to the coffee thing. I'm sure the faces I make are hilarious!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I read each and every one!