12.09.2013

Snapshots ~ Christmas Pajama Edition

It's been so busy around here lately, that I haven't taken a lot of pictures. So, the snapshots I'm sharing today are from Christmases past. I'm calling this one "Christmas Pajama Edition".

It all started in 2005, when my Mom got my eldest niece and me matching flannel pajamas. How could anyone resist the chance to wear ducks on skis?


My Mom's jammies matched the book she got from my sister that year. My little niece didn't get cool pi's, but made up for it with a backwards tiara.


I think 2006 was the only year that my sister participated. (Btw, Em, I loved that hair color on you. You should do it again!)

2007 was the year of the sock monkeys.


2008 the girls got kitties.

We got lazy about pictures for a couple years, but picked back up with owls for all in 2011.


I'm not sure what we'll do yet this year. Past years we've all worn our jammies and spent Christmas Eve together opening presents, listening to Christmas music, and drinking hot chocolate. I really hope the girls never think they're too old for this! Traditions are the best!

Tell me about your Christmas traditions! 



14 comments :

  1. So adorable!! Now I want to do this every year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 - My hair is that color now. #2 I bought them pjs this year, but they don't match because I couldn't find any in Morgan's size, so you'll have to ask mom if she did. #3 I doubt the girls will ever be too old for this. Morgan loves this type of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your hair has been too violet red for awhile. Did you go back to the coppery color? Also, I haven't heard if Mom bought any or not. We will take pictures regardless. I have lots of jammies!

      Delete
    2. You should wear jammies to my house Christmas Eve night. We will all be in jammies. And, it looks coppery red to me--probably because it's faded and needs colored.

      Delete
    3. I actually think it was the ONE time you let me talk you into coppery red. It was perfect! And yes, we will wear jammies over. :)

      Delete
  3. I love the ducks on skis pajamas. So funny and cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love those pajamas! I wish Nick & Nora would do that design again. I could use a new set!

      Delete
  4. This is too cute!! We always do onesies for Christmas. It's awesome when all of the adults are wearing footie pjs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be awesome! It's going to sound weird, but I'm too claustrophobic to wear a onesie!

      Delete
  5. What fun!!! We do the PJ thingy too. One year I found Glow in the Dark Snowmen PJs!! We all spent a night in a hotel room by the airport that year. What a GITD riot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love hearing everyone's PJ traditions! Glow in the dark sounds like a blast!

      Delete
  6. i love this christmas over the years post! i always get pjs for the morning of christmas as well!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love hearing that so many other people have pajama traditions!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I read each and every one!