1.07.2014

A Little Holiday Catch-Up

Hi, you guys! I'm back from my extended holiday break and I wanted to catch you up on what I've been doing.  I have to say, this year was a little wonky. It was our first Christmas as a married couple and we haven't really figured out how to divide our time yet. To add to that, Josh was suffering from some ferocious GERD that had him out of commission a great deal. We did our best to make the most of it, but it was tough. Everything was kept to a minimum, but I was able to do some baking. That was good and the pumpkin bread I made was one of the few things Josh could keep down.

Before Christmas, I was dying to share some gifts I was giving, but I couldn't because it would've blown my secrets. These are my two favorite things that I gave this year.



Isn't this owl magnifying glass the cutest?! I gave this guy to my Mom. It's on a chain to hang around your neck. My Mom has collected owls since the 70's and she's always working on small scale art...Zen Tangle, knitting teeny tiny stuff...Anyway, she loved it!


I got this idea from one of Kaelah's Instagram posts. I had picked up a Scrabble game at a garage sale for a buck to do crafts with and I couldn't resist this project. I just hot-glued the letters to the stand and attached a hang cord. This was for Josh. I took a silver paint pen and wrote on the back. "1st Christmas as Mr & Mrs 2013" I think it's perfect and Josh loves it too!

I ended up getting several things from my wish list, which I didn't expect and am THRILLED about. I'll tell you more about that later.

We had a super low-key New Year's. We actually read in bed together and kissed at midnight. That's my kind of celebration!

I'm not big on "year in review" posts, but I do like to reflect so I thought I'd share a 2013 Flipagram.



In case you missed it, Z did a lovely Q&A with me on her blog. Make sure you check it out!

I'm so glad to be back. I missed you guys! Xoxo

2 comments :

  1. Oh my goodness I love the Scrabble ornament and I am bookmarking this to do next year for my first married Christmas! Thank you for sharing!! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks, lady! Kaelah got me hooked. Now I want to make all kinds of things with Scrabble tiles!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I read each and every one!