1.09.2014

January, You Icy Bitch...

January is my least favorite month of the year. I know I should be happy that the days are getting longer, and I am grateful for that. However, January is just so gray and blah. The excitement and anticipation of the holidays is over and everyone is back to the grind. Like I said, blah.

I don't know. I just feel like it's a weird time of year.I don't get all gung-ho about making resolutions because I feel like I should just always try to be better and do better than I have in the past, not just because January 1st rolls around again. Also, I never really think of the start of the new calendar year as a transitional time. I'm much more motivated to change things in my life at the change of the seasons. Does anyone else feel that way?

I do love snow and I was glad to wake up to this so early in January.



I love how clean and bright everything is when it's covered by a blanket of snow. I'm trying to focus on that instead of the dreary gray skies.

Also, my tree is still up. I want to hang onto the glow of the holidays for just a little longer. 


When I do take it down, I fully plan to hang some white lights around to get me through until Spring.

I also feel like some of the January blues come from all of the family time coming to a screeching halt. I love my family! I'm very lucky to have such amazing relatives and even luckier that I scored great in-laws! I can't even begin to express how blessed I am in that department.

I wish that, instead of cramming all that togetherness into the last 6 weeks of the year, that we could get together and celebrate for no reason at all several times throughout the year. I think that would be amazing! We would get to see each other more often and enjoy our time together without the holiday stress. Then we could keep it simple at the holidays. We just have to duke it out over who gets to have Grandma & Grandpa for Christmas. (We totally would. My grandparents are WONDERFUL!)

Just some things that have been on my mind. Do you have any good cures for the winter blues? I'd love to hear them!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I read each and every one!