1.13.2014

Cheers to 68 Years!

On Saturday, my Grandparents celebrated their 68th wedding anniversary. Isn't that amazing?! They have been a shining example for my whole family and I wanted to do a little tribute to them today.

This photo is them in the beginning. They were just 15 and 14 in this picture. Grandpa changed his birth certificate so the Navy would think he was 17 and let him join. Grandma's Dad notarized the paperwork to get him out of the neighborhood and away from his daughter! Last I heard, Grandpa's driver's license still has the wrong date on it!



This photo was taken the year they got married. They had a bet with another couple that they would get married first. The other couple was planning a wedding for April & my Grandparents' wedding was set for June, so they eloped in January to win the bet! They were only 18 & 19 at the time.


They went on to raise three great kids. That's my Mom on the left. Don't you just love my Grandma's style?! And what I wouldn't give for those curtains!



Here they are just a few weeks ago at Christmas! I love them so much! Thanks for sharing this photo, Aunt Teri!


I'm such a lucky girl to have an example like them! They're the cutest ever! Congratulations Grandma & Grandpa!


2 comments :

  1. These are so cute! Happy Anniversary to them! I wish I had Grandparents like this but my dad's parents both died and my mom's parents have been separated for years and are looney tunes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looney Tunes Grandparents can be fun too! I don't remember my Dad's parents. I'm very lucky to have my Mom's. They are WONDERFUL! Xoxo!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I read each and every one!