3.17.2014

Current Obsessions and an Update

Hi, guys! Hope everyone is enjoying/recovering from their St. Patrick's Day festivities. I didn't do the crafts and recipes I had planned on trying for the occasion, but I did manage to make our traditional Irish meal of corned beef and cabbage. My parents joined Josh and me for dinner and we had a really nice time.


I had grand intentions for blog posts last week and ended up just EXHAUSTED! I hope that means I'm growing a healthy baby in there. I snuck in as many naps as I could and went to bed early all week. The switch to Daylight Savings Time and Josh's new earlier work schedule contributed to my sleepiness as well, I'm sure. Maya is my main napping buddy. One afternoon, I woke up to her sleeping on Josh's side of the bed all tucked in and had to snap a picture.





Today, I just wanted to give you a little update today and share some of my current obsessions with you. Have you guys heard about the new Waterlogue app? 


Well, after hearing how amazing the it is, I decided to finally fork over the $3 and see if it lived up to the hype. It really did. It blew me away! It converts your regular photos to beautiful watercolor paintings. You can watch the app as it "paints" your image too. It's mesmerizing! Check out the ones I've done so far...


Hulu Plus is my newest guilty pleasure. We don't have cable, but we do have Netflix. My friend, Jamie, told me she uses Hulu like a DVR and I had to check it out. First of all, they have episodes from the current season of lots of shows I'm caught up on on Netflix. Second, I get to watch SNL; Jimmy Fallon; and various other shows THE VERY NEXT DAY. It's awesome. I just wish CBS and AMC would hop on board!

My fabulous friend and coworker, Teresa, cleaned out her wardrobe last week and gave me some amazing clothes! I feel so spoiled. She gave me a lot of nice things, including a lot of basics to build from. I'm so excited to dress up! Maybe I'll even try out some "Outfit of the Day" posts!

Also, my good friend Carrie has been nominated to win a mobility van. She is one of the most extraordinary people I know. I'd love it if you'd go vote for her. Winning would be such a help for her family. You can vote here every day until May! It's super easy to sign in with Facebook and you can even opt out of their emails! Thanks, you guys!

I think you're all caught up now. Come back tomorrow for a super yummy peanut butter pie recipe!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I read each and every one!